VILLA PORTILLON TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These General Booking Conditions (GBC) constitute the contract (the “Contract”) concluded between the owner of the accommodation (the “Owner”) and the person named (the “Group Manager”) on the reservation contract and who accepts the General Booking Conditions (the “Booking”) in agreement with other members of the group (the “Group”) who have paid the agreed price for the holiday (the “Holiday”); therefore, these GBCs apply to all members of the Group.
The Group hereby acknowledges that the Group Manager has been designated to sign these GBCs on behalf of all members of the Group. The Group Manager, who must be aged 18 or over, appoints an individual, including any newly appointed Group Manager, who during the holiday period, acts on behalf of all members of the Group. The Group Manager is responsible, on behalf of all other members of the Group, for all matters relating to the booking.
On-Site Property Manager (the “Property Manager”) means an individual who is employed by the Owner to manage the Owner’s requirements on site.
“The Group” refers to all people who have booked a stay at the accommodation. The Group Manager is responsible for informing the owner of any changes of names of group members from the original reservation.
- To make the reservation, a 25% deposit is required (or the full balance if booked less than 8 weeks before your arrival) to confirm the reservation. Making payment confirms that you have read these terms and conditions and acknowledge their binding nature.
- Once payment has been received, the Owner will then confirm the reservation directly to you. When payment has been made the Group Manager has agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 8 weeks prior to arrival the Group Manager is required to pay the final balance and the refundable deposit of [650 euros].
- If, at any time before the stay, the Group Manager withdraws from the booking, the owner must be informed in writing by the original Group Manager and the new Group Manager must accept these Terms and Conditions before the holiday commences.
- If the method of payment is refused, the Group Manager will be contacted to make payment by other means – this must be received within 7 days (or immediate payment if the Group is due to start the holiday in less than 7 days). Any breach of this provision will result in the automatic cancellation of the reservation and the deposit will not be refunded.
- Any cancellation must be notified in writing to the owner by the Group Manager as soon as possible. Cancellation fees will be charged as follows: more than 8 weeks before your arrival date – deposit; less than 8 weeks – 100%.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, for example natural disasters, it may be necessary for the Owner to make changes to a confirmed reservation or cancel the reservation completely. While the Owner will make every effort to ensure that this does not happen, if it is unavoidable the Owner will contact the Group Manager as soon as possible. In this case the Owner will offer a full refund of any amount paid. No other compensation will be offered.
- Any loss or damage to the property (including installations and accessories) and/or land and outbuildings, wherever it occurs or whatever the cause, the fault of which lies with any member(s) of the Group, the cost will be deducted from the deposit and the remainder will be returned. Any damage costing more than the deposit must be paid in full by the Group Manager on behalf of the group, regardless of who was responsible, within 14 days of confirmation of the amount. Once the absence of damage to the property has been confirmed, the deposit will be refunded 7-14 days following your departure.
- At the discretion of the Owners, an additional service charge may be added to the cost of any breakage for the time required to purchase and install its replacement. At the discretion of the Owners, a 25 euro fee may be added to the postage costs for any items forgotten and needing to be returned by post.
- The Group Manager is responsible for ensuring that the furnished accommodation and the garden is left tidy upon departure and that departure instructions are followed. If this is not the case additional charges for cleaning time may be charged by the Owner.
- It is the responsibility of the Group Manager to notify the Owner or their on-site Property Manager of any damage found in the accommodation within 24 hours of arrival. Any damage not notified will be presumed to have been caused by the Group.
- The Owner reserves the right to terminate without notice and liability for the holiday of any member of the Group whose behaviour is likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or to any third party. Loud music and parties are not allowed on the property.
- The Group Manager is responsible for ensuring that each member of the Group is responsible for the security of all their personal property, documents and equipment. No liability is or will be accepted by the Owner in respect of these items.
- The Group Manager is responsible for ensuring that each member of the Group is in possession of their own medical and travel insurance documents necessary to fully cover them, including for property damage and fire, before going on holiday.
- The Owner declines all responsibility and will not compensate in any case: a) any event impossible to predict or avoid. These events include war, threat of war, civil unrest, terrorist activities, labor disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fires, adverse weather conditions; b) any cancellation, loss, delay or cost wherever or however caused, caused by or relating to adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanches, landslides, snowy and slippery conditions and the effect these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities; c) limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski lifts, ski school or ski rental operators; d) travel arrangements made by the Group or on behalf of the Group.
- In the unlikely event of any problems occurring during your holiday, a complaint should be made immediately to the Owner, or on-site Property Manager so that they have the opportunity to rectify the problem. Any complaints made after departure on points not reported on site will not be taken into consideration.
- The owner is not responsible for any disruption to the Groups’ stay and/or enjoyment of the accommodation caused by a third party, including but not limited to construction works and their nuisance.
- The Owner accepts no liability for any injury or death anywhere or otherwise caused to any visitor and/or any other member of the party for their duration of stay.
- The price indicated corresponds to a rental from 4:00 p.m. on the day of arrival, to 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure. Any earlier arrival times or later departures must be requested by the Group Manager and are at the owner’s discretion and cannot be guaranteed.
- For security and assurance, a non-smoking policy is adopted throughout the establishment.
- Pets are not allowed.
- WiFi Internet access is offered. The Owner accepts no responsibility if this is not available for all or some of the rental, and no refund will be offered where this is the case. The Group Manager will be held responsible for any illegal or other misuse of the Internet and will be responsible for all consequences.
- Guests have the exclusive use of the garden.
- Adult group members are responsible at all times for the safety and conduct of children group members. Children should be supervised at all times.
- It is important that all rubbish and recycling is regularly disposed of appropriately by group members during their holiday.
- This contract is established for a specific number of persons. If the number of group members exceeds the accommodation capacity, the owner may refuse to accept the additional group members. In this case, any amendment to or breaking of the contract will be considered to be at the group manager’s initiative. The maximum number permitted includes babies and small children.
- Group members are not allowed to use their own portable electrical heating or cooling units.
- It is not permitted to charge electric vehicles at the property.
- In no event shall the Owner be liable for any lost revenue, lost profit, or indirect, special, incidental or punitive costs.
- The contract and all proceedings arising therefrom shall be governed by the laws and jurisdiction of France.
- For the avoidance of doubt in the event of a conflict, the clauses of the General Conditions take precedence over any other document.